The online submission deadline for events to be published in the commemorative booklet is has passed, but you are highly encouraged to submit your event to be included in the online listing.
Tips for MLK Symposium Event Planning & Event Submission:
- We encourage events to be spread out through the months of January and February, to allow participants to attend many events, as the MLK Holiday is usually a very crowded programming day.
- Please visit the Watch Party Toolkit page to find support for your planning efforts.
- We discourage use of the term “Symposium” in events so as to not confuse the public on there being multiple symposia under the coordinating body “MLK Symposium.” Words that units have used instead of “symposium” include: colloquium, series, multi-day event, lecture, showcase, etc.
- In your submission description, you MUST:
- Explicitly state or reasonably show how the event is related to civil rights, social justice, the symposium theme, or the teachings and work of Dr. Martin Luther King.
*Events will not be published unless all details are accounted for. We will not publish an event with TBD’s or TBA’s in event submission.*
If you have changes that need to be made to your event, please allow up to 48 business hours for the coordinators to respond and make your edits (especially during November & January) due to the volume of requests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Use the sample event below the submission form to guide your data entry.