In light of the most recent developments and continued changes in the response to the spread of COVID-19 at the State and national level, the OAMI office space will be closed until further notice to encourage social distancing, while continuing our services online. Please check the OAMI website oami.umich.edu and your email for updates and services.
OAMI will continue coaching and tutoring services remotely until further notice. Your Success Coach, ASP, GSP, and tutor will contact you to make appointments to continue support for the end of the term.
The following 2020 events have been cancelled:
- First Generation Graduation Celebration scheduled for Tuesday, April 28 @ 6:00pm
- Middle Eastern/North African Celebration scheduled for Wednesday, April 29 @ 7:00 pm
- Asian/Pacific Islander Celebration scheduled for Friday, May 1 @ 1:00 pm
- La Celebración Latina scheduled for Friday, May 1 @ 5:00 pm
- Black Celebratory scheduled for Saturday, May 2 @ 7:00 pm
- Native Student Graduation Celebration scheduled for Saturday, May 2 @ 7:00 pm
The staff of OAMI is committed to supporting you during this emergency and are looking forward to help you navigate available resource throughout this period and beyond.
In the meantime:
- Please take care of yourselves, physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually
- Follow all the recommendations for personal hygiene
- Minimize being out in public, but try to get some fresh air when you can
- Reach out to others in whatever ways you can, both to offer support and to seek support
- If you need something, let us know. We remain a resource for you as you navigate your completion of winter semester
Thank you for your commitment to finish strong.
The Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives.