Asian & Pacific Islander Graduation Celebration
Future in Bloom
Friday, April 29, 2022
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
The Power Center for the Performing Arts, 121 Fletcher Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Masks are highly encouraged for all to wear but are not required
- Hand sanitizer will be available for graduates after they shake hands on stage
- Spare masks will be available at the information table in the lobby
Information for Students
- Please wear your regalia (cap and gown)!
- Doctoral students: please bring your hoods, unattached, so you can be hooded on stage
- Underneath, we ask that you wear formal clothing – either cultural/traditional or Western
Timing & Location:
- Students need to arrive at the Power Center between 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- If you did not yet register, plan to arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m.
Tickets: Registered students do not need to present a ticket for admission – just their M-Card! Students who have NOT yet registered need to receive a ticket at the Power Center (please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m.).
Information for Guests
Accommodations: Guests in need of accommodations may enter the venue starting at 11:15 a.m. Sign language interpreters will also be present for translation throughout the ceremony.
Tickets: Please present one ticket per guest upon arrival at the venue. Tickets will be scanned at the auditorium doors. For guests without tickets, please approach the ticket counter to obtain extra tickets. Extra tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis after doors open at 11:30 a.m. (11:15 a.m. for guests in need of accommodations).
Parking: Limited street parking is available on Washington St. and Fletcher St. 180 visitor parking spaces are available in the Palmer Drive Structure. The address is Palmer Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
Visitor Parking Palmer Drive Structure
From Washtenaw Avenue, turn on Palmer Drive, and proceed approximately 100 yards to the 2nd parking entrance on your left that is marked “Visitor Parking”.
- Pull a ticket, (which is .70 per half-hour) and park on levels LL (lower level) and P1 (level 1).
- Upon exiting your vehicle, look for large metal Maize and Blue signs that read “East Elevators.”
- Proceed towards the East Elevators (there are 3 sets of elevators in the structure: East, North and South) and follow the signs that list Palmer Commons .
- In the elevator, push the PL Level (Plaza Level) and exit onto the outdoor plaza near the Life Science Institute entrance. Continue across the outdoor plaza to Palmer Commons; Glass House Cafe sign is visible in the vestibule window.
Seating: Please sit anywhere in the auditorium outside of seating reserved for graduating students. Handicapped seating is available immediately after entering the doors of the auditorium.
Please email Chandani Wiersba (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
In addition to the University of Michigan’s spring commencement ceremony, OAMI will host seven multicultural graduations in Spring 2022 to celebrate the students’ many accomplishments and their supportive communities. These celebrations are part of the broader commencement experience and mark a tradition of valuing the various cultural offerings to the University and world community.
Asian and Pacific Islander Graduation Celebration Archive