M-Connect is a program that serves prospective and current U-M transfer students from partner community colleges. M-Connect receives funding through the State of Michigan King-Chavez-Parks Initiative Michigan College/University Partnership Program (MICUP).
Meet the staff and students that will help you get the most out of the program
Want to see what's been happening in the M-Connect community?
Take a look at the Community Events page!
We want to help you transfer to U-M
If you are an in-state student from the following partner schools: Jackson College, Oakland Community College, or Wayne County Community College District, or a Michigan Reconnect participant from any in-state community or tribal college, the M-Connect program is specifically designed for you!
Community college transfer students are essential to the University of Michigan’s campus. However, navigating the path through community college and to the University of Michigan can often be overwhelming and complex. M-Connect is designed to help you through this process. We are here to provide information and resources to make your transition as easy as possible.
Through M-Connect you can receive:
- Guidance through the U-M application process
- Assistance in selecting classes that are transferable and meet necessary pre-requisites
- Invitations to events, information sessions, and workshops that make your transfer smoother
- Information about U-M opportunities for community college students, such as summer research opportunities and special programs
- One-on-one counseling and support to answer your specific questions and address your individual needs
- Opportunities to connect with current U-M transfer students for peer advice and guidance
Interested in learning more? Schedule your one-on-one appointment with M-Connect Program Director, Erika Johnson, by emailing [email protected].
Instagram Story Viewer
Anonymous Instagram Story Viewer allows you to watch Instagram stories privately, without revealing your identity, and allows for downloading them. Whether you have an Android or iOS device, you can still monitor open Instagram accounts.instagram story viewer
FOR CURRENT U-M STUDENTS
We want you to thrive among other transfer students
If you are an in-state student who transferred from any of Michigan's community or tribal colleges, M-Connect is for you! As a vital University of Michigan community member, your unique experience matters, and M-Connect is here to support you throughout your educational journey. M-Connect allows you to build community, connect you with others, and provide the support you need to graduate successfully. M-Connect welcomes transfer students from our partner schools to become a part of our community, and we especially encourage post-traditional students, students with families, commuter students, and Michigan Reconnect students to get involved with M-Connect. Partners, spouses, and children are always welcome at M-Connect events.
Through M-Connect you can receive the following...
- In-person and virtual opportunities to connect with other community college transfer students and build community
- Support and mentorship from staff and peers who understand your unique challenges
- Monthly events and activities to connect, learn more about campus resources and have fun
- Academic support workshops
- One-on-one academic coaching, if desired
- Access to free tutoring for select courses in conjunction with OAMI’s SuccessConnects program
- Monthly newsletters connecting you to helpful resources and relevant campus events
- Special events specifically for commuter students and post-traditional students
- Graduation celebrations upon completion of your U-M undergraduate degree
Eligible in-state community college transfer students automatically receive an invitation to join M-Connect.
Need to be added to the mailing list? Let us know by emailing Program Director Erika Johnson at [email protected].